Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Film Reflection πŸ™ŒπŸ»

 Hello Blog!! 


I just finished some final touches to our film and the wait is over, it is done.  Now before I give you the link to my youtube I wanted to reflect on our film...

WOW!

What. A. Journey.

An entire month of research, planning, sketching, and brainstorming ways in which to fully express our feelings and creativity into a film introduction, now called "Escape."  We are super excited and this whole process has been interesting. 

It has been my first year filming ever for projects, grades, etc, and I never used to like editing or filming because it was always super hard for me.  But, now, this project has made me feel super accomplished because I am an amateur filmer compared to my classmates but I put in the work and made this film happen.  Reflecting back on this entire experience I am grateful for the knowledge that I now know, and the growth as a person throughout my AICE Media Studies journey and portfolio project journey.  I have adapted to accepting failure and hardship and I have grown to work with others in a healthy environment.

This film journey has not been easy.  I made many adjustments to my film as we went along.  Many shots did not go according to plan because some did not match the vibe of the film, the location of the shoot, and maybe the overall storyboard was too precise or not enough shots for a two-minute time frame.  Originally, we were going to have the first few shots take place in my car, however, we felt that this was unnecessary once we got to the track and field.  We started taking shots at different angles and realized we did not need the car clips.  As well, we switched up the end of our film.  We were originally going to close the film introduction with a scene with a text message from the main character's mother stating how angry she was that Amelia (the main character) was not home.  However, in a two-minute time frame, this was not possible.  So, we ended on a more relaxed note, yet with a classic introduction style. 

Partnering up with Sabrina for this project was one of the best decisions.  In order to get the precise shots that we got for this film, I needed a partner, and Sabrina and I have worked prior to this project together.  We have really great communication as we text, call, and chat with each other about our opinions and how we feel about the project.  I really appreciated our healthy partnership.  

As a whole, this process has been great.  Not only did we work on this project outside of school, but we also worked on this project in school effectively.  I appreciate our brainstorming and planning process.  I as well appreciate the healthy recording environment.  This film was a lot of fun.  I feel as though we reached our target audience of early teens to late 20s aged persons as well by creating a film that captures the genre of a sports drama. 

Thank you 

Hannah signing off✌🏻




No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 Hello Blog! Here is my CCR.  My final, last words about this project! What a journey. Thanks for being a part of it.  Escape CCR Hannah si...