Sunday, February 27, 2022

Mood Board!

 Hello Blog!

Hannah again! 

Today I have begun a mood board to capture the mood for the film and to capture more ideas on the setting and mise-en-scene.  
The website I used for creating this mood board is https://create.vista.com/home/

As illustrated in this mood board, the colors my partner and Sabrina are honing in on are more blue hews of light and dark orange (burnt orange) hews of light.  The blue captures the tone of the film when we flashback to past memories of mental abuse from arguments and negative mental health ideas that the main character/ athlete endured.  The image of the track star in the top left corner of the mood board is what Sabrina and I are going for in our film.  There is a single female track athlete that the image focuses on, which is what Sabrina and I are going to do.  There is also a track outfit that the runner is wearing.  This is crucial in our film opening as I am going to dress in a running outfit so that the audience understands I am a runner and that I planned on running due to my clothes.  The costume of a track outfit adds to the mise-en-scene of the production.  

As for the middle and top right images in the mood board, the main character athlete is exhausted mentally from their life.  The laying on the ground shows this.  The exhaustion and frustration which is what we are trying to capture in our film.  We want to show emotion as the main character is running and thinking about her past sad memories.   Running is her escape from reality and we are going to capitalize on that by showing the emotion of the character thoroughly in small close-up shots and flash-back edited shots.  The headphones on the woman in the top right corner show her seriousness about her sport.  The bottom middle and bottom right images show the acts of mental frustration over home life.  When we show flashbacks in our film, we will capture these emotions.   The idea that mental health can be saved by sports is what we are trying to instill in our film opening.  

This mood board has allowed me to organize my thoughts on the overall tone of the film introduction and I will be sharing this mood board with my partner Sabrina in order to express how I visualize the direction of our film in hopes we are on the same page.

Thank you!

Hannah signing off ✌๐Ÿป



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 Hello Blog! Here is my CCR.  My final, last words about this project! What a journey. Thanks for being a part of it.  Escape CCR Hannah si...