Friday, February 18, 2022

Brainstorming for Film Opening !

Hey Blog!


In my previous Aice Media Studies class, my teacher showed us a PowerPoint and Nearpod slide presentation so I can become a professional at blogging accurately and effectively for you all.  So here we go... 

Ever since I was assigned this Cambridge Portfolio project I have been planning with my partner the ways in which we will create an intriguing and moving film opening.  Through the research of previous film openings, something that really caught our eyes was the coming-of-age film idea.  For example, the film The Edge of Seventeen (2016) has a great plot about the coming of age of a young teenager discovering relationships with her family, best friend, and males she is attracted to.  This idea has piqued our interest as it demonstrates the growth of a character in an entertaining and unfolding way.  

One thing that I have learned in Aice Media Studies previously is that when creating a film or film opening you must give the audience 2+2 and never the 4.  My partner and I believe we can incorporate coming of age in an unfolding and fascinating way.  We want to give our audience the 2+2 in the film opening and leave out the 4 for them to latch onto and draw them in.  One way we can create this idea is by using scenery to attract our audience.  In the film Call Me by Your Name (2017), the setting really impacted the storyline of the film.  The film was located in Crema, Lombardy and the scenery really encapsulated the storyline, and the accents of French and the speaking of French blended well with the scenery as well.  It showed that the film did not take place in America.  This is crucial.

After brainstorming many ideas and researching films, this example of film has inspired my partner and me to use the scenery surrounding us such as the Everglades and outdoors to really illustrate our film plot (main character personal development).  This is going to be super fun to create and I am so excited to take you along on the journey of filming or day I say... "self-discovery."

Some links to show how setting affects storyline:

https://blog.celtx.com/5-ways-a-storys-setting-can-influence-a-screenplays-narrative/

https://study.com/academy/lesson/how-setting-shapes-the-characters-plot.html

https://www.nfi.edu/special-effects-in-movies/

Thank you!!

Call Me by Your Name  (2017)

Hannah signing off✌🏻


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 Hello Blog! Here is my CCR.  My final, last words about this project! What a journey. Thanks for being a part of it.  Escape CCR Hannah si...