Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Music + Storyboard

 Hello Blog!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Today in class I worked on my storyboard with my partner for our Portfolio project!  Just in case you forgot, we are planning on filming a movie intro on a track athlete with personal issues that she overcomes as she escapes her reality through her sport.  Our genre is a sports genre theme with the main character being a teenage girl.  

During class today, Sabrina and I watched a few movie introductions to get some inspiration for our topic.  We watched the movie introduction of Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) and Midnight in Paris (2011).  These films helped us to see how we establish a setting through establishing shots. Since we are using the track at school as our main focal point for the film introduction, we got inspiration from the multiple establishing shots in these films.  Sabrina and I then began sketching out our storyboard.  

I did most of the drawing for our storyboard as Sabrina and I both listened to music to feel inspired.  Her task was to go on the app Apple Music and find one song that we felt captured the tone and mood for the whole film.  As we are sketching the storyboard, we are listening to songs that we feel could fit in with the shots we are taking for this film.  The pace of the song needs to match with the pace of the edits. 

Here is a picture Sabrina took of me creating our draft storyboard.  

As you can see, I have headphones in as I sketch the storyboard with Sabrina because we are choosing songs that correlate with our introduction theme. The songs that we listened to were that of sadness or a more natural and relaxed sounding song.  This goes with the theme that we want to present throughout our film.  The main character is going to be relaxed as she is running as a method of therapy for her personal life problems. 
My partner and I have not chosen a song yet but we have listened to a hand full such as: 
"All I Want" by Kodaline
"Cherry" by Harry Styles
"Bloom" by The Paper Kites

These songs are tricky to get copyright access to.  In order to do this, my partner and I need to email the head of the music site or fill out an application form on the website of the song's company that we choose.  We are having difficulty choosing one specific song, but we need to choose quickly as it might take a long time to get the approval or we may even get rejected.  

Stay tuned to hear about what song we choose, what our completed storyboard looks like. This is what we have so far: 




The top right of every page shows the number in order of the pages.  

Thank you blog! There is still so much to be done. I will keep you updated on how our music selection process is going.  

Hannah signing off ✌๐Ÿป



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 Hello Blog! Here is my CCR.  My final, last words about this project! What a journey. Thanks for being a part of it.  Escape CCR Hannah si...